Re: sound module problem

Cloudmaster wrote:

> Hey, I'm trying to get sound to work in my new 2.2.0, but since I can't
> build SB support into my kernel, I built it as a module (which is prolly
> better anyway).  I've got a non-PNP Awe32, and I can inmod soundcore,
> soundlow, uart401, sound, and awe_wave OK - but when I try to insert the sb
> module, I get this:
>
> cloud233:/lib/modules/2.2.0/misc # insmod sb
> ./sb.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
>
> Any idea why this would be?
>
> --Danny, this kernel has so many other cool features I can live without
>         sound for a while...

You may try specifying all the io, irq, etc parameters.  I believe at
least io, irq, and dma are required, but there is probably others you
can set.  Speaking of which, is there any sort of master list of modules
and their parameters anywhere?  I've just been hunting through the
source files for the MODULE_PARM() calls to see what something can take,
but that would certainly be a nifty feature.

Anyway, I too have been trying to load my sound drivers as a module
(PAS16 type card).  But despite all my attempts at specifying parameters
it still alleges the device is busy...