Re: sound module problem

John Corey wrote:

> Cloudmaster wrote:
> >
> > Hey, I'm trying to get sound to work in my new 2.2.0, but since I can't
> > build SB support into my kernel, I built it as a module (which is prolly
> > better anyway).  I've got a non-PNP Awe32, and I can inmod soundcore,
> > soundlow, uart401, sound, and awe_wave OK - but when I try to insert the sb
> > module, I get this:
> >
> > cloud233:/lib/modules/2.2.0/misc # insmod sb
> > ./sb.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
> >
> > Any idea why this would be?
> >
> > --Danny

> You may try specifying all the io, irq, etc parameters.  I believe at
> least io, irq, and dma are required, but there is probably others you
> can set.

I tried specifying all the params, and just some (but not every posible
permutation of some...).  Same deal

>  Speaking of which, is there any sort of master list of modules
> and their parameters anywhere?  I've just been hunting through the
> source files for the MODULE_PARM() calls to see what something can take,
> but that would certainly be a nifty feature.

There's usually detail in the kernel documentation
(/usr/src/linux/Documentation) under the file relevent to the module, but
that's as close as I've seen so far.

> Anyway, I too have been trying to load my sound drivers as a module
> (PAS16 type card).  But despite all my attempts at specifying parameters
> it still alleges the device is busy...

At least I'm not the only one. :)

--Danny