sound module problem

Hey, I'm trying to get sound to work in my new 2.2.0, but since I can't
build SB support into my kernel, I built it as a module (which is prolly
better anyway).  I've got a non-PNP Awe32, and I can inmod soundcore,
soundlow, uart401, sound, and awe_wave OK - but when I try to insert the sb
module, I get this:

cloud233:/lib/modules/2.2.0/misc # insmod sb
./sb.o: init_module: Device or resource busy

Any idea why this would be?

--Danny, this kernel has so many other cool features I can live without
	sound for a while...