Re: Modem Problems

I don't know tooooo much about Linux, just enough to get in trouble =)
but.... I had my external Hayes (56K) working ok with Linux. Couldn't
exactly figure out how to do the PPP thing from the command prompt so I
cheated and used the X system to get on the net.

Point being, I would also second the external modem as well. I really don't
like internals, AND, it is easier to figure out what the modem is doing by
watching it's status lights. Also easier to unplug from Ma-Bell if the
lighting decides to come around (ZAP!)

You have my 2 cents.... for what it's worth ! ;)

Roy

P.S.  Will there be an install fest in the near future?  I still am un-able
to make meetings, don't ya'  just hate going to work?