Re: Modem Problems

Justin Rolando wrote:

> No i can't be sure if it is a win modem or not but i know my Cardinal
> 56K is not and all i get from it is setting speaker volume lol..
> not sure where to go from here except where i am now in win98 again
> :-/

Just get a simple, cheap, ISA or external modem.  They all (except for
Winmodems) work.  I've heard of many problems with PCI modems (winmodem
or not).  I picked up the Zoom modem that is pretty nice, can be an
answering machine with mgetty+vgetty.  You just have to keep an eye out
when buying hardware for pieces that work well for Linux.

On another note, I recently picked up a video capture card.  I've seen
plenty of TV watching/capturing programs, which is nice.  But, are there
any programs that can burn a VideoCD?  Google isn't helping,
everything's either in a foreign language or about VideoCD players.

John