Re: Video Capture.

On 1 May 1999, John Corey wrote:

> I found an mpeg encoder for Linux, but it wants the input files
> in a YUV format, anyone heard of it or know of any programs
> that convert to it?

I found this lsm in my original search, but me, "what's a YUV?"
I didn't mention it.  Is this the thing?

Title: avi2yuv
Version: 0.9
Entered-date:   06APR1998
or Y41P AVI) to YUV as input for the berkeley mpeg encoder. Can also
save the frames in YUV or BMP format to disk to use a different encoder
(but you'll need a lot of disk space). Patches for mpeg2encode are included.
Possibility to save audio as pcm or wav.