Re: netware printing

I managed very simply to get a fresh RH 5.2 install to print to a Novell print
queue attached to a Novell 3.12 server using the printtool that comes with RH.
I have not been able to get it to print to a printer managed by a Novell 4.11
server.  The printer on the Novell 3.12 server is set to the default printer
or can be specified with the lpr .... -P printerqueue .... and is an entry in
the printcap file.

As I understand it (and this is really a question), the tools supplied with
RedHat have a bit of problem printing to other than a bindary connection to
the server (specifically, a NDS connection to a 4.11 server).  Our 4.11 server
has bindary context turned off (and I don't have rights to turn it back on).

Caldera (I am told) comes with the tools to login to and print to a NDS
Netware server.

What flavor of Novell server are you using?