Re: FreeBSD (was: Slackware 4)

On Apr 28, 1999, Damacus wrote:

> Hmm, I've heard from some people that the latest FBSD installer has
> gotten much nicer since then.  Perhaps I'll have to give the latest FBSD
> a month trial or so when I find time this summer....

"Gotten much nicer!"  Gads, I'd hate to have seen it before.
We were dealing with the latest release!

A shame.  I find the Linux vs. FreeBSD arguments as silly as those over
Linux Distros.  All I care about is the advantages and disadvantages each
offers a particular user and purpose; I'll use/recommend them accordingly.
I know about the AT&T suit restraining FreeBSD's development, but you'd
expect by now they'd have implemented some of our better ideas...