Re: Creating a bootable filesystem

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, Tim Grossner wrote:
> I need to create a bootable ext2 filesystem on an existing server, on a
> partition that has been set aside for it. Upon booting this system, i need
> to be able to run fsck...anyone know what files i need to copy to this
> partition/filesystem?

/bin/sh
/lib/libc.so.6,
/sbin/fsck

Not knowing what you are trying to achieve, I'd suggest you use one Linux
systems on a floppy, like Toms boot disk, and run fsck from the floppy.
On the other hand, if you want to install Linux on the partition, the
install disks will provide what you need.
Mark
Blunier@ocslink.com