Re: Slackware 4

On Wed, Apr 28, 1999 at 05:27:36PM -0500, Cloudmaster wrote:

> > Same day, Cloudmaster replied:
> >
> > > I always kinda liked the slackware installer.  Maybe I was using some
> > > kinda of bizarro-slack that came with a futuristic installer noone else
> > > knew about... or it could be that I'm just a freak.
> >
> > I helped out on a FreeBSD install this past weekend.  I'd prescribe
> > one of those to anybody who thinks Slackware needs work.   Unless
> > I misunderstood, you have to comment-out to do a kernel recompile.
>
> We did a BSDI install in the unix administration class I'm in (I'm learning
> a lot :)), it appears to be a piece o' crap as well - do any of the BSD's
> have decent installers?
>
> --Danny, who does a lot of installs to learn how to help new converts with
> 	their installs

Not as far as I've seen..  I installed FBSD 2.2.5-RELEASE a while back.  All
Linux installers I've seen are really much nicer than what I saw with that
FBSD install.

Hmm, I've heard from some people that the latest FBSD installer has gotten
much nicer since then.  Perhaps I'll have to give the latest FBSD a month
trial or so when I find time this summer....

--
Damacus		| damacus@bastion.cnsnet.net ** damacus@statiknet.org
		| PGP: http://bastion.cnsnet.net/~damacus/damacus-key.asc
		| Administrator, Cimarron Network Services, Inc.
IRC:  (EFnet)	| #statik	http://www.statiknet.org
nick: damacus	| #dc-stuff	http://www.attrition.org/ (hosted/dc-stuff)

			      -- Ferenc Mantfeld