Re: Computerfest plans

A couple of things I forgot...

    * If you'll be helping in the booth, try to dress nice.  We're
      attempting to target the show toward business types more this
      year than in previous years, so I want us to give a good,
      business-like impression.  I'm not going to dictate what people
      *have* to wear, but I'd suggest "business casual" (no suits or
      ties necessary), at worst some newer jeans.  Linux T-shirts that
      are in *very* good condition would be my (distant) second
      choice.

    * One of the ideas we had last night for a poster to put up in the
      booth was a "50 Reasons to Use Linux" (or something similar),
      with reason #1 being something like "MS says 'Linux is a very
      complete and sophisticated operating system.'" or some other
      quote.  That still leaves a *bunch* of reasons to fill in...
      Send me ideas.  :-)  I'll pick the best.  Technical reasons and
      funny ones are both appropriate.  (One of my ideas was "It's the
      only OS you can run on your 14-processor UltraSparc and your
      PalmPilot.")

    * Jeff also had the idea of doing a "10 Reasons *Not* to Use
      Linux".  An example he gave was "Linux isn't scalable.  After
      all, a Linux cluster is only up to 113 on the Top 500
      Supercomputers list."  (Maybe add to that "Now where is NT on
      that list?")  The other idea was to throw the User Friendly from
      the other day on there with Stef saying "Downtime is *good*.  It
      gives the servers a *rest*!"  (If you don't get the reference,
      run, don't walk, to http://www.userfriendly.org/ ASAP.)

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month