Computerfest plans

I'm sure I'm going to forget stuff, but here are some things any of
you who are going to participate in Computerfest need to know or do:

    * If you have a machine or machines that you would like to let us
      use for the cluster, please contact me with your name, and the
      CPU speed of whatever you will be bringing (200MHz or higher,
      please).  If possible, have the system running 2.2.x, and have
      an ethernet card.  (We'll have a few spare ethernet cards at the
      show, but I'd rather not have to worry about stuff like that
      there.)  10 or 100 Mbit cards are fine, since we'll have all of
      the machines going into a 10/100 switch.  Of course, if you have
      $30 to blow, Best Buy has lots of 10/100 DEC Tulip-based cards
      for $30.

    * If you have non-x86 hardware that runs Linux (or maybe even some
      other Unix, if it is interesting enough) that you can bring, let
      me know.

    * We need some large monitors.  If you have something > 17" that
      you can bring, let me know.

    * If you are bringing anything in, you need to come Friday night
      if at all possible.  Otherwise, you need to let me know, and you
      need to be there as early as possible on Saturday.

    * If you can help set up on Friday, we'll need you from 6:30 pm to
      whenever (probably 8:30-9:00 area).  We'll continue setting up
      at 6:00 am on Saturday.  We'll need people in the booth all day,
      and we'll need somebody in the Information Center and helping
      with ticket sales for some small part of the day.  If you can
      help, or have a friend, spouse, SO, or anybody else that you can
      con into helping out, please let me know, and give me an idea
      when I can expect to see you there.

That's enough for now.  I'm sure somebody will remind me of anything
I've forgotten...

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month