March Meeting (fwd)

This will be our last chance to do any planning before Computerfest.
Try to show up if you plan to help out.

----- Forwarded message from Lee Bertagnolli -----

Date: Sat, 06 Mar 1999 20:41:34 -0600
From: Lee Bertagnolli <lee@inw.net>
Subject: March Meeting

Thursday, March 11, 7:00pm, Galina's Pizza at Fifth & Monroe.

This will be our last chance to get together before Computerfest.
We've procured a supply of Jolt  Cola (new product this year, unlike
the flat old stuff we had last year).  I'll also have my rompin'
stompin' Linux box there, and Sun Microsystems is letting us
borrow an brand new Ultra 5 workstation, running Linux.

We still need some more volunteers.  So far only Ken and Randy
have come forth.  We need more help for Saturday.  The group
is responsible for supervising the Site group (all high-school
kids) for one hour while they take tickets, and also for one
hour in the Computerfest information booth.  BTW, the show is
sold out of booths.  There are all sorts of speakers, including
authors Ed Krol and Peter Salus, regional sales reps from Netscape
and Microsoft, and Gaye Davis.  Also, the event will be broacast
live on the internet via ttalk.com.

Finally, for those of you who volunteer, Randy and I are making up
some "Jolt Cola Keyboard Komanndo" iron-on appliques.  Press 'em
on to your favorite wife-beater shirt, and come to the show.

I will be there, but late.  I am administering a midterm exam to
my hapless students that night.  See you there.

--Lee