Usage Guides.

Once again, I ran out of disk space.  Well, not exactly out,
but its not partitioned to suit my needs.  In order to reformat
my drives I needed to backup my archives and such to either CD
or Zip drive.  So naturally, I whipped out the zip drive and my
notes on how to use it, but it didn't work.  After looking at my
notes, which were apparently addequate for me me at some time in
that past, my current kernel/setup doesn't want to work.  After
going back to all the HOWTOs and deja-news, I've concluded, that
some of the HOWTO's are a bit incomplete, and LUCI could help.

One project that we could do is provide Usage Guides on how we
got our hardware to work.  I've completed a guide for my
Memorex CRW-1622 rewritable at http://www.concentric.net/~blunier.
What I've got in mind is something along the lines of listing

Hardware of interest
Distribution (and version) you used
Kernel Version, and Modules/components necessary
Software Rev Levels used.
Configuration file used.
procedured followed.

I plan on making a guideline for how I got my Soundblaster
Card working in the near future as well.  I don't think we
need to rewrite the howtos, but supplement them.  Some of
the HOWTOs are out of date, and I find that many of them
often lack a summary of the steps (and a working examples)
that I often figure out on our own, and have written in my
 notebooks.

Is this something the group would like to take on?

Mark
Blunier@concentric.net