Re: LUCI via IRC?

Kara Pritchard wrote:

> That java thing would be slow.  LUCI's server doesn't even allow telnet
> ports, for obvious security reasons.
>
> In case you didn't know, our web server isn't dedicated to LUCI.  We also
> provide services to several other LUG's as well as several not-for-profit
> groups.  We mirror the LDP, the Jargon Files, kernel.org, and much of
> redhat.  Our server is sitting at CyberCity communications, *thank-you
> guys*.  I would prefer not to clutter their bandwidth with un-needed
> services.  Remember LUCI.org is just a dual p-100 with a 6.4GB hd and
> 128MB mem.  We are wanting to upgrade to dual k6/233 and another HD.  If
> LUCI's interested in more services, perhaps we could pool together to
> provide the necessary hardwarez.  It would be much appreciated since we
> don't collect dues for such uses.

Do K6's work on dual-processor motherboards?  I read somewhere that they
could, but most motherboard manufacturers don't implement whatever
AMD/Cyrix CPUS need, they only implement the Intel Pentium stuff.  If
there are motherboards that can do it, please tell.

> Last, but not least, thank-you guys who regularly attend our meetings,
> especially those who drive from way out of town just to come see us.  You
> guys know who you are :)

I would like to be one of them, if I ever get off work early enough to
head down :).