Re: LUCI via IRC?

John Corey said:
> Kara Pritchard wrote:
[...]
> > Remember LUCI.org is just a dual p-100 with a 6.4GB hd and
> > 128MB mem.  We are wanting to upgrade to dual k6/233 and another HD.
>
> Do K6's work on dual-processor motherboards?  I read somewhere that they
> could, but most motherboard manufacturers don't implement whatever
> AMD/Cyrix CPUS need, they only implement the Intel Pentium stuff.  If
> there are motherboards that can do it, please tell.

I'd been meaning to correct Kara on that...  I've been wanting to
upgrade to dual Pentium 233MMX.  You can do SMP with AMD (and Cyrix,
for that matter), but AFAIK nobody makes a motherboard that will do
OpenPIC (the SMP spec that both use).

> > Last, but not least, thank-you guys who regularly attend our meetings,
> > especially those who drive from way out of town just to come see us.  You
> > guys know who you are :)
>
> I would like to be one of them, if I ever get off work early enough to
> head down :).

Where are you at?

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month