Re: LUCI via IRC?

That java thing would be slow.  LUCI's server doesn't even allow telnet
ports, for obvious security reasons.

In case you didn't know, our web server isn't dedicated to LUCI.  We also
provide services to several other LUG's as well as several not-for-profit
groups.  We mirror the LDP, the Jargon Files, kernel.org, and much of
redhat.  Our server is sitting at CyberCity communications, *thank-you
guys*.  I would prefer not to clutter their bandwidth with un-needed
services.  Remember LUCI.org is just a dual p-100 with a 6.4GB hd and
128MB mem.  We are wanting to upgrade to dual k6/233 and another HD.  If
LUCI's interested in more services, perhaps we could pool together to
provide the necessary hardwarez.  It would be much appreciated since we
don't collect dues for such uses.

While I'm on a roll, I'd like to take a few seconds to recognize the
people who make our LUG possible.  First and foremost, I'd like to thank
Erich Schroeder and the Illinois State Museum Research and Collections
Center.  They allow us the use of our meeting room, facilities, and
amenities.  Also thanks to Erich's wife for letting him stay out so late
with us :P

Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you CyberCity Communications (www.ccusa.net) for
hosting our web-server.  If you're having troubles connecting to the
internet via Linux, be sure to check them out.  We have absolutely no
problems with our service, and rarely get arbitrarily disconnected or a
busy signal when dialing in.  I know several members have switched
already, so if you're considering it, please do so $14.95/mo.

As always, we appreciate RedHat, Caldera, SuSE, O'Reilly and Associates,
Addison-Wesley, etc. etc. etc. for continuing to provide us with neat
stuff to demo, evaluate, and/or give away.

Last, but not least, thank-you guys who regularly attend our meetings,
especially those who drive from way out of town just to come see us.  You
guys know who you are :)

Sincerely,

Kara J Pritchard
LUCI Coordinator