Re: adding a shell script to startup

C J Menzes said:
> I understand that adding startup scripts to rc files is how its done, but
> I guess I am unsure as to exactly *how* or *where* you would put which
> scripts. Is there a main rc.boot file or something that dictates which rc
> files to execute upon boot?

Are you talking about on Red Hat?  If so, you can either copy one of
the scripts in /etc/rc.d/init.d and write your script so it can be
called with "start" and "stop" (and maybe "restart") arguments, then
make appropriate symlinks in /etc/rc.d/rc[0-6].d.

If that's too much trouble, just add whatever you need to
/etc/rc.d/rc.local, or call your script from there.

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month