Re: Stupid X

No, the keyboard is specified correctly

relevant parts of /etc/XF86Config with the comments snipped:
--------------------------
Section "Keyboard"
    Protocol    "Standard"
    AutoRepeat  500 5
    XkbKeymap   "xfree86(us)"
EndSection

I'm glad it wasn't that - I'd feel silly. :)  It's gotta be in a file
somewhere that tells xkb how to act or something, I guess...

BTW, does anyone have any of those O'Reiley X books other than the "X sys
admin guide"?  I'm considering one of the user's guides (since I don't
know how to set up all the really cool stuff under X) but don't know how
good they are, and am too lazy to read them in the book store...

--Danny