Re: Sendmail.cf with Virtusers support?

Charles J Menzes said:
> > Of course, hacking up your own m4 config is probably the "right way"
> > to do it, but it will work fine without all that.
>
> 	...is definitely not what I had in mind, but may very well end up
> doing.

It's really not that hard.  Assuming you are running Red Hat, you
should be able to simply go to /usr/lib/sendmail-cf/cf/ and edit your
own .mc file.  Since redhat includes a nice redhat.mc, the first thing
you can do is just include that.  Then you can add your site-specific
stuff.  Here's my (admittedly untested) .mc for my replacement for
web.lanscape.net...

    include(`redhat.mc')
    MAILER(local)
    MASQUERADE_AS(`lanscape.net')
    FEATURE(`limited_masquerade')
    LOCAL_CONFIG
    Cw lanscape.net sites.lanscape.net
    FEATURE(`virtusertable', `hash -o /etc/mail/virtusertable')

To build web.cf from web.mc, I just do "m4 ../m4/cf.m4 web.mc >
web.cf".  (You should, of course, adjust filenames accordingly. :)
Then just copy the .cf to /etc/sendmail.cf and give it a try (after
making a backup of sendmail.cf, of course), or test with "sendmail -bt
-Cweb.cf" (substituting your filename for "web.cf", of course).

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month