Building /configuring Sendmail (was virtusers stuff)

Hey, I'm getting ready to build sendmail 8.9.1 for my (hopefully) mail
machine.  Is there anythign special I should know about before compiling
it?  I ask because on the internal netwrok it's known as
cloud120.816.w.clark (cloud120), but to the internet, is can be seen as
cloudy.users.shout.net, or *.cloudmaster.ml.org (cloudmaster.ml.org,
mail.cloudmaster.ml.org, etc).  I kinda assume that somewhere I need to
tell it that the name seen in /etc/hostname (cloud120) is not the only
valid name.  Would it be too much to ask how to do that?

-danny, who will someday buy the sendmail book (but not today)