Re: Two processors---

Thanks all!
  Each answer was just what I needed! "Cloudmaster" pointed me to the
direction I needed for configuring the kernel. However, I didn't know
about the /proc/cpuinfo file, and sure enough I allready hade  two
processors showing up (thanks Mark). So Steve was right, they had set up
the kernel, which was really what my question should have been. I'd be
interested in hearing about why (or why not) I should move to something
on the 2.1 series. This is something like a "mission-critical" machine so
I need to be careful.

  The next small annoyance is that metro-x doesn't behave right with
the Diamond Stealth64 2001 video card. Why does anyone bother with
metro-x? I'll probably replace it.

Erich

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Associate Curator, Anthropology    FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      Internet: erich@museum.state.il.us
http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismdepts/anthro/staff/erich/erich.html