Re: Two processors---

Erich Schroeder said:
>   The box we just got is a dual-processor one. Does the kernel have to be
> recompiled to take advantage of this? It has RedHat 5.0 which came
> pre-installed, so I don't know yet if this is a stock kernel or otherwise.

If Red Hat was pre-installed, surely they recompiled the kernel for
SMP.  Regardless, you'll probably want to compile a recent 2.1.x
kernel (2.1.86 seems good, today's 2.1.87 isn't).  SMP is "standard"
in the 2.1.x kernels, and it is *much* more robust than the SMP
implementation in the 2.0.x kernels.

Enjoy.  (If you don't, I'll be forced to come to your office and enjoy
it myself.  ;)

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month