Re: Sound Card

Justin Rolando said:
> Ok folks new problem -- got modem working now i need sound lol
>
> i am running a sound blaster 16 if it is worklable let me know if not tell
> me what i should get and how to set it up please :-)

On Red Hat, "sndconfig" (I think that's right) should set everything
up for you, assuming you have the package installed.

Otherwise, you can do it the hard way...  Edit /etc/conf.modules, and
add lines like this:

    alias char-major-14 sb16
    options sb16 io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0

(Obviously, you'd have to substitute in correct values.)  Then,
assuming you have the right drivers compiled (and I think all the
distributions do these days), you should be able to do something that
uses sound, and it should "just work".

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month