Re: Sound Card

On Sat, Jun 05, 1999 at 04:49:08PM -0700, Justin Rolando wrote:

> Ok folks new problem -- got modem working now i need sound lol
>
> i am running a sound blaster 16 if it is worklable let me know if not tell
> me what i should get and how to set it up please :-)

You should probably check out the Sound HOWTO.  A copy is provided on
LUCI's Web site.  (http://www.luci.org/LDP/HOWTO/Sound-HOWTO.html)

Alternately, check the documentation for the distribution you're
using.  Even if you got a CheapBytes special or downloaded, you should
still have some documentation available on the CD or the
distribution's Web site.

FWIW, I have a SoundBlaster 16 and it works fine.  Unfortunately,
Creative Labs has sold many different sound cards under the name
"Sound Blaster 16", so that doesn't necessarily mean that your card
will work.  The biggest deal I've heard of with these cards is that
some recent versions have been Plug and Play, which requires you to
set up and use isapnptools.