Re: Linux Server and Dos Clients?

Roy G. Cottingham said:
> I want to set up a Linux server here at home and I will have the need to
> attach a couple (at least 2 for now) dos clients to it.
> What can I use at the dos end (486/33, 4 Meg Ram, 250 Meg HD) as the
> networking client?
>
> What I have guessed at for now would be to use Samba and install the Dos
> Clients that come with NT or WFWG.

I've never tried it, but from what I understand that's exactly what
you need to do.  I think there's more information about that sort of
thing on the Samba web site...

    http://www.samba.org/

Another option would be to run mars_nwe on the Linux box, and NetWare
clients on the DOS machines.

> I am running some simple Ham (Packet) Radio apps on the Dos machines, and am
> toooooooo new to Linux (Time spent on it anyway) to try using it for the
> radio applications. I would also need to find the proper apps to do what I
> want under Linux as well. (Although I am fairly sure I saw a Linux version
> of APRS on the web.)

Not that I know anything about it, but could this be what you are
looking for?

    http://www.eazy.net/users/fgiannan/xaprs/

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month