Re: power supply mods

Cloudmaster wrote:

> Do any of you have experience with modifying a PC power supply (or building
> one from scratch) to run a motherboard off of 12 (actually 10-14.4) volts?
> I really need to get that computer in my car pretty soon...  I'll just
> assume that building my own distrib (or pruning the heck out of someone
> else's) will be easy enough. :)

There was a crosspost on this topic to alt.comp.pc.hardware.homebuilt
and alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt initiated by Baldur Gislason on 24 Feb
under the title "12vdc drive power supply??"  Probably not precisely what
you're looking for, but the title will find the thread on a newsgroup search
via http://www.go2net.com