Re: Help!

This also happens when you've got the serial port the modem's on set to the
wrong IRQ.  I usually have my modem on com3 using IRQ5, but for some silly
reason, all the linux's I've used set that to irq4.  It takes forever to
dial, and then I don't get connected right.

as root run
	setserial /dev/modem
and verify that it's seeing the modem and setting it up correctly...

--Danny