RE: Help!

I'll take a crack at this one. Just let me know if I mess it up =).
Normally a modem is set to 8 bits, no parity, and 1 stop bit,
however, some older setups used 7 data bits, 1 parity bit, and
(I believe) 1 stop bit. It could be that your modem has a S
register, or has some other type of flash rom that has been
set to the older setting of 7-1-1. Check your modem docs
and see if there's a place to reset those (you can reset a S
register with an AT command). If you can, set it to 8-n-1 which
should fix your problem. Just my 2 cents.

Jason