Re: Linux on a PowerPC

charles@lunargraphics.net wrote:

> Okay, does anyone out there have any experience with installing Linux on a
> Macintosh? I have been trying to gather as much information that I can on
> the subject, but I can't for the life of me actually find someone who has
> gone through with it.
> My main questions are: which version is better, LinuxPPC or MKLinux?, does
> RedHat have some kind of "inthe works" PPC port? can anyone send me a
> cdrom of one of these ports to try it out. I am just not up to buying a
> copy before I know which port is the one for me.
>
> Any help would be very much appreciated!

Never done it.  If you do, bring it to a meeting: I'd be interested, for one.

I've heard that MkLinux is supposed to be slightly better for older PowerMacs
and LinuxPPC is supposed to be required for some newer ones.  You should
probably check out the LinuxPPC and MkLinux pages to be sure; they're
reachable from the Linux Documentation Project (and don't forget, we have a
mirror of that at http://www.luci.org/LDP/).