Linux on a PowerPC

Okay, does anyone out there have any experience with installing Linux on a
Macintosh? I have been trying to gather as much information that I can on
the subject, but I can't for the life of me actually find someone who has
gone through with it.
My main questions are: which version is better, LinuxPPC or MKLinux?, does
RedHat have some kind of "inthe works" PPC port? can anyone send me a
cdrom of one of these ports to try it out. I am just not up to buying a
copy before I know which port is the one for me.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

CJM