Re: no man

charles@lunargraphics.net said:
> it seems hard for me to believe that tail does not have a man page, but
> for tail, and several other commands such as ls, i get the same response.

I can think of several reasons for something like this.  First, you
might be using a broken distribution.  (You know what I'm talking
about. ;)  Second, you might have a screwed-up termcap or terminfo.
That's going to be hard to diagnose, but you should at least "echo
$TERM" and make sure it is set to something reasonable.  Third, you
might have a bad pre-formatted man page, so try doing "man -a tail".
That should make it re-read the troff source, sooner or later.  (Just
keep hitting "q" until you see something or it dumps you back to a
prompt.)

Let us know if any of that helps...

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month