LUCI via IRC?

Probably already discussed, and a reason it hasn't been done, but
why not a LUCI IRC server--leastways, a channel somewhere?
There's been a few "couldn't make the meeting" posts, and my own
work schedule is a regular conflict.   Otherwise stimulate exchange
less likely to be initiated on the list, e.g., trivial bugs, topics
common among Linux users that aren't precisely Linux.

Then, the possibility that immediate assistance would be available on
a problem.  Last night, I popped my mail to find the insane mail loop
in progress--no good to email the alert, because it wouldn't be found
until the recipient popped mail and found the loop for themselves
anyway.  Maybe someone would have been on LUCI IRC.  Maybe not--
but necessarily the case if it doesn't exist...