Re: LUCI via IRC?

On Mon, 2 Nov 1998, Tesla Coil wrote:

> Probably already discussed, and a reason it hasn't been done, but
> why not a LUCI IRC server--leastways, a channel somewhere?
> There's been a few "couldn't make the meeting" posts, and my own
> work schedule is a regular conflict.   Otherwise stimulate exchange
> less likely to be initiated on the list, e.g., trivial bugs, topics
> common among Linux users that aren't precisely Linux.

While there are already a pile of IRC channels that already exist for pretty
much everything linux (being a community of computer geeks, this is to be
expected), it would be pretty much trivial to set up something like the
"telnet-to-a-port pseudo IRC" Java thing I mentioned a week or so ago.  I'd
leave a terminal open in there.  (I'd even host the thing on c.m.o if need
be).  Full-blown IRC seems like a bit of overkill for just 1 or 2 channels.
It could be that I just don't know what I'm talking about though. :)

> Then, the possibility that immediate assistance would be available on
> a problem.  Last night, I popped my mail to find the insane mail loop
> in progress--

Boy, I sure picked the right time for my e-mail to be down, eh? :)