Re: The Way the Cookies Crumble.

> to any significant disk space.  But that isn't the issue.  I'd prefer
> not to have marketroids sticking suction-dart tracking transmitters
> onto my car every time I leave the house, and very rarely do cookies
> have a different function.

I disagree with the concept of cookies as well, though my overactive
imaginiation is giving me a pretty funny picture of a little flying robot
attempting to fasten some Borg-esque device to the back of my Nissan.  :)

>     As to how many tricks of cookies are actually foiled by this
> feature, only one more than would be foiled in simply setting your
> browser not to accept them.  For sites insisting cookies be accepted
> as a condition of access, cookies *are* being accepted--they just
> aren't being *returned*.

I guess I don't know how cookies work, but I figured that most of the
information that cookies provide would still be provided even if you
delete them right away.  But piping things to /dev/null is just fun
anyway, so that's all that matters to me.  :)

FYI, I probably won't be able to attend the LUCI meetings for a while
because I am taking a class on tuesday night.  :(  I'll try to be more
annonying via luci-discuss to make up for my absence, though.