Re: RH 5.1

That's correct, egcs is the PGCC base now. Using -mpentium and
-march=pentium has always worked for me. Most of the time you can use
-O6 as well. Some things like the 2.1 kernels do not like anything higher
than -O2 though. I'm doing rpm --rebuild *.src.rpm before I burn my RH 5.1
CD so everything is already compiled with PGCC. Man, it takes forever too.

Kristofer D. Danner