Re: K6 questions (was RH 5.1)

> Since egcs got going, I haven't paid any attention to pgcc, but it
> wouldn't surprise me any if they've moved to using egcs as a base.  If
> they have, then pgcc probably produces some amazing code for Pentiums,
> although I'd be a little too scared of it to use it for any important
> code.  :-)  (Besides, I've got a K6.  Why should I care about Pentium
> optimizations.  ;)

Speaking of the K6, my pent pro is getting a bit behind the times, and I
think it's about time for me to be upgrading again.  From reading that
"The consensus was that the K6-3D 300, using a 100MHz bus speed, was about
30% faster than the Pentium II - 300 using a 66MHz bus speed," I've
decided that my long-time desire to get a K6 is about to come true.  But
it appears that the K6-3d needs some kind of secial drivers 'n stuff to
use the full potential.  Has anyone done any looking into what needs to be
done with a K6-3D, like discovering which compiler wold work best with it,
etc?  I'll hopefully be picking one up at the end of the week/beginning of
next week, and don't wanna have to run NT on it... :)  (I think NT will go
on the ppro system to run some video capture stuff, unless I can find
linux video editing/capturing software)

--Cloudmaster