Re: next meeting topics

Erich Schroeder said:
> I also want to add in databases, imaging, visualization, animation, and
> 3d-modeling. These are applications that I'm mighty interested in trying
> to apply here, preferably under linux.

Interesting that you should mention the graphics-related topics,
considering last month's LJ article on using Linux for the rendering
of the Titanic movie.  Also, I seem to recall that there was an
article on 3D software for Linux a while back (maybe a year or two).
It would definitely be worth looking at...

BTW, the idea of the tour sounds cool too.  Maybe we could schedule
that for like 6:30 (or earlier if needed), so we'd have time to get it
in before the meeting proper.  That way anybody who didn't know about
it or weren't interested would just show up at the usual time for the
usual meeting...

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month