LUCI: Tuesday, July 25, 2000 meeting

The next meeting of the Linux Users of Central Illinois is tomorrow,
Tuesday, July 25, 2000, at 7 pm at the Illinois State Museum Research
and Collections Center at 1011 East Ash Street in Springfield.  If you
need directions, there's a link to maps and driving directions on the
LUCI site.

One quick announcement...  The LUCI web/mail/ftp server has finally
been moved where I can keep an eye on it, at my house.  :-)  The move
appears to have been pretty painless.  Everything appears to be
running quite well, but if you see any problems, let me know.  (I've
got a pretty fascist firewall in place, so it might cause a few
problems...)

I want to thank Charles Menzes, Craig Lansing, and the rest of the
Cybercity/Motion crew for the last two years of co-locating the
server.

For tomorrow's meeting, I want to finish up our discussion of
firewalling with a introduction to ipchains and iptables, plus some
*specific* examples.

See you tomorrow.  :-)

(618)398-7320             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month