LUCI: Apr. 27, 1998 meeting

The next meeting of the Linux Users of Central Illinois is tomorrow,
April 28, 1998, at 7 pm at the Illinois State Museum Research and
Collections Center at 1011 East Ash Street in Springfield.  If you
need directions, see the LUCI web site at

    http://www.luci.org/

The first thing we'd like to do for tomorrow's meeting is a
(semi-)organized Question and Answer session.  (I'm sure that all those
fresh Linux installs must be bringing up a lot of questions.  :)  So
bring any questions, problems, whatever that you might be having, and
we'll do our best to answer them.

Since Linux can seem a little daunting at times to new users, we're
going to have a presentation on Gnome and KDE, the two free desktops
for X currently being developed, including a side-by-side comparison.
Also, since most of the debate over Gnome vs. KDE is over licensing,
we'll give a little information on the various licenses that Linux
software is available under (BSD, GPL, NPL, MPL, Artistic, PD, etc.)
and why you should care.

I hope to see you there.  :-)

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month