Something Special for Linux Developers on alphaWorks

FYI

Something special is being added for the
Linux Java Developers on alphaWorks
By the end of the day[left coast time] on Friday June 11th
alphaWorks will be releasing a technology that is very useful
and vary fast to the Linux developer community. I cant tell you
what it is right now without loosing my job, but believe me, it is
something excellent.

http://www.alphaWorks.ibm.com/

IBM Launches developerWorks
Today's developers can't afford to waste time searching for resources.
Find what you need quickly on developerWorks, including news, tools
and code, standards, and education. developerWorks is organized into
zones focusing on Java technology, XML, Security, as well as resources
for Web development. Also available on developerWorks will be all of
the Java and XML alphaWorks technologies. A Linux zone is being
assembled right now and will be going up very soon.

What Linux resources do you want inclued on developerWorks?
Come take a look and help us make it better for you.

http://www.ibm.com/developerWorks

Open Source JavaBeans coming
soon to developerWorks
Developers spoke and IBM listened! We are proud to
announce that the following open source JavaBeans
suites will be released very soon on developerWorks.

http://www.ibm.com/developerWorks

FTP with Source
The FTP JavaBean Suite implements the FTP protocol,
making it easy to include file transfer functions in your
applications.

POP3 with Source
The objective of the Post Office Protocol Version
3 (POP3) suite of Javabeans is to provide diverse
applications with the ability to receive e-mails.

SMTP with Source
The Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) suite
of Javabeans enable exchange of mail between
hosts within or across networks.

SNMP with Source
The SNMP JavaBeans provide an  implementation
of the SNMP Protocol, the standardized network
management framework for enabling the monitoring
and control of a network.

Here is a new XML JavaBeans Suit just added to alphaWorks

easyXML
The easyXML Bean Suite provides the functionality to develop Java
applications for processing  XML (eXtensible Markup Language)
documents. It can also be used for adding XML support to existing
applications.

http://www.alphaWorks.ibm.com/ab.nsf/bean/easyXML

New XML Technologies Posting Soon
alphaWorks will aslo be releasing the following
new XML technologies this coming Friday[6/11]:

Xplorer
Xplorer is a Java application that can be used to
search XML files, validate XML files and view the
valid XML files in XML viewer.

http://www.alphaWorks.ibm.com/tech/xplorer

DDbE - Data Descriptors by Example
DDbE accepts well formed XML documents as input
and constructs a DTD. It can be used in Business to
Business applications that need to automatically
generate DTDs for XML message validation.

http://www.alphaWorks.ibm.com/tech/DDbE