Re: BSOD (fwd)

On Fri, May 28, 1999 at 10:10:29AM +0000, Erich Schroeder wrote:

> > Someone should write a "BSOD" emulator for Linux, so that people who are
> > forced to use Windows at work can secretely put Linux on their box and
>
> Last week I downloaded Xscreensaver, and it has a BSOD screensaver.

And a very entertaining one it is, too.  It contains both NT and Win9x
BSOD screens, very realistically drawn.

One drawback: If you're used to Windows, and you're a bit distracted,
you can absent-mindedly reboot your box from force of habit when it
appears.  I've caught myself doing that. :-)

FYI, it also contains a Linux kernel oops screen, for the many people
who have never seen one before. :-)