Re: BSOD (fwd)

On Fri, May 28, 1999 at 10:02:05AM +0000, mike packard wrote:

> > *** Microsoft Announces Improved BSOD ***
>
> Hahaha
>
> Someone should write a "BSOD" emulator for Linux, so that people who are
> forced to use Windows at work can secretely put Linux on their box and
> then run BSO-Linux from a hotkey or something when their boss walks by.
> I would write it myself if not for my feeble coding skillz.  I guess
> another application could be BSO-KDE, which KDE could just randomly throw
> up once in a while as a subtle reminder of what you're missing.  Of
> course, the KDE version could say "Hit any key to go back to what you were
> doing...."

Hahah,  good idea, and to make it feel a little more real, have it montior the
load avg and proc/mem usages.  Any spikes of usage would spawn a Windows-based
hell screen, just like the real Windows OS!  ;-)

--M

--
Damacus		| damacus@bastion.cnsnet.net ** damacus@statiknet.org
		| PGP: http://bastion.cnsnet.net/~damacus/damacus-key.asc
		| Administrator, Cimarron Network Services, Inc.
IRC:  (EFnet)	| #statik	http://www.statiknet.org
nick: damacus	| #dc-stuff	http://www.attrition.org/ (hosted/dc-stuff)

			      -- Ferenc Mantfeld