Re: Keyboard & Mouse Lockups

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Burke, Jason wrote:
> There's a person where I work that's having problems
> with their keyboard and mouse locking up when X is
> started. The only thing I could think of was a misconfig
> in /etc/X/XF86Config, but I wanted to check and see
> if anyone has had a similar problem. The hardware
> involved is a MS Intellimouse <sp?>, and a standard
> PS2 keyboard. Any thoughts?

I've noticed that SuSE 6.0 seems to have severe problems using intellimouse
drivers that it shipped with.  You might check to see that it's trying to
use the PS/2 mouse instead of the intellimouse.  Does GPM work?  Try running
X (Xwrapper, whatever) from a telnet session or with stderror redirected
to a file so you can see all the output and possibly if X is telling you
what's wrong...

--danny