Re: Kernel Panic

Most likely has nothing to do with it but......
where is lilo installed?

Booting from the MBR or /boot, or / ???

I remember seeing somthing about lilo not wanting to work properly from a
partition which is above cyl 1024, espically if you modify the kernel.

ok... just looked it up.... RH says that the partition that holds /boot must
'be located entirely below cylinder 1023'
also says that 'you may have a situation where LILO will work initially (because
all the necessary info is below 1023), but will fail if a new kernel is to be
loaded, and that kernel resides above cyl 1023'

  Thats my 2 cents worth .....

Roy