Re: connection to ":0.0" refused

> > >  Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
> > >
> > > I was thinking, this has something to do with xhost, but I'm not sure
> > > what exactly.  Can anyone suggest what I can do?
> >
> > Could be that your IP is changing after you dial in and X thinks it's
> > getting connected to from a foreign host.  If you start an xterm before you
> > dial-in, then after dialing in do an "xhost + localhost" and see if that
> > works.  If not, try replacing localhost with your ISP assigned IP address.
> > One of those things'll prolly work.  You could prolly put that in a script
> > to run after succesful dial-up...
>
> Yes, I am sure that my IP does change after I connect.  But I never had this problem before the upgrade...I was running RH5.2.  Any ideas why this would start now?

I don't run Red Hat, but if I did, I would look at the /etc/hosts file.
It has probably changed, or the setup requires it to be updated after
ppp starts.  Run hostname before and after your connection.  if your
hostname changes, it gets looked up in /etc/hosts, or from your nameserver
and it reports a different ip number than before the connection is made.

Mark