Re: VA Linux Systems on this weeks "The LINUX(r) SHOW!!(tm)" (fwd)

On 11 May 1999, John Corey wrote:
> Anyone know what the VA stands for?  Just curious.

I looked for this on the web, and while guessing that the "A" stood
for the last initial of founder and CEO Larry Augustin, I had to call
VA to find out what the "V" represented.  They told me it's the last
initial of James Vera, who long ago left the company.

Clearly the two share a background from Stanford University,
but we're left to guess why Vera is written out of VA history:
http://www.valinux.com/aboutva/history.html

Vera himself doesn't mention having been involved:
http://pavg.stanford.edu/people/vera/