Re: stuff and the thing

Jason Burke said:
> I really like the Caldera install. However, I noticed last weekend (while
> doing an install for someone else) that on older computers it doesn't
> scale down well at all (we had this poor 486 just crawling like a worm
> on sandpaper).

KDE runs fine on a 486, as long as it has *tons* of RAM.  (32 makes it
run reasonably well.)

[...]
> gotta get the new version of WindowMaker installed then I can run
> Gnumeric next to Asteroids =).

KDE and GNOME stuff run fine under any window manager.  It's just that
with the new WindowMaker you can run panel (from GNOME) and kpanel at
the same time, and all of the virtual desktop stuff works right.  (I
think the session management stuff all works right too.)

(217)698-1694             | Meetings the 4th Tuesday of every month