Re: automount

Don't you actually have to have a disk in the drive when you mount it, (to have the directory tables loaded ??)
and you also then, have to un-mount and re-mount to change the disk, be it a floppy or CD?

-- or is auto mount suppose to sense the drive change line and re-read the dir tables???

(Do you even call it a directory table under Linux  :?)

I made softlinks from /mnt/cdrom to /cdrom, /mnt/floppy to /floppy, and /mnt/ez to /ez.  However, when I stick a floppy in the drive and view /floppy or /mnt/floppy, I see nothing, and the drive
doesn't even access the floppy disk.  Same for the other two devices.

The only thing I'm not sure about is my autofs script itself...

Any ideas?  This is driving me nuts!

--

./derek/wickersham/