another network

I just moved out in-house network to a 10/100 switch.  It's a linksys
EZSX88W, supposed to automagically sence full/.5 duplex and 10/100MB
connections.  I don't want full duplex, and I wanna tell my cards to use
100Mb connections.  The hub won't let me tell it.

I've only got 3 working nodes:  a 10baseT hub with all but 2 machines on it,
a pentium pro with an RTL8139-based card, and a 486DX4/120 with a PCI Ne2000
card (RTL 8129, IIRC).  The blue n' white mac in house won't work on the
switch, now will a FIC VA503+ board / RTL8139 (exactly the same as the one
in the PPro).  Plug either into the hub so htey're forced to 10Mb/s, and
they work fine.  I've tried "insmod rtl8139 full_duplex=0" and the same with
0,0,0 - doesn't do anything obvious.  When the FIC machine's ethernet card
is initialized, teh activity light starts blinking wildly, but the
corresponding light on teh hub doesn't blink. I get ap[prox. 60% packet loss
between the PPro and teh FIC, but no packet loss at all between the PPro and
the 486.

Anyone know what's up here?

--Danny, whos darn tired